Training for Charities and Voluntary Groups
Short courses and 1 day workshops, also customized training and consultancy services for a wide variety of not-for- profit groups including
- Introduction to Good Governance
- Introduction to Safeguarding
- Safer Recruitment (accredited course)
- Charities Workshops – Setting up and Strategic Planning
- Trustee Training
- Coaching your Board
We are now planning our Programme for 2014 -15 – if you are interested in any of these courses please contact us.
Introduction to Good Governance
1 day course; coffee and lunch included.
Essential training for anyone involved in running a charity or other voluntary group. Provides an overview of the key issues to ensure clarity and accountability for your organization and help you avoid many of the common pitfalls.
- roles and responsibilities
- managing risk
- developing and reviewing policies
- management frameworks
Charities Workshop 1- Making the decision
3-hour session; light refreshments included. Also available as a Personal Workshop – please contact us for details.
Many people have causes dear to their hearts and setting up a registered charity may seem the obvious next step, but it’s easy to forget the many implications and legal issues involved. This session provides an overview of what’s involved so that you can make a confident decision.
- The pros and cons of becoming a registered charity
- Records and other key legal requirements
- Trustees, volunteers and boards
- Funding options
Charities Workshop 2 – Starting out well
1 day course; sandwiches and refreshments included.
Make sure your charity or other voluntary group is fulfilling its legal obligations and is being effective right from the start!
- Roles and requirements
- Essential governance
- Safeguarding and equal opportunities
- Finance – finding sources of funding – completing funding application forms
- Finding and training volunteers
Charities Workshop 3: Strategic and Business Planning
1 day workshop; sandwiches and refreshments included.
Starting a charity is one thing, keeping it going- and growing- is much harder! It is vital to have a clear vision of what you want to achieve and a manageable plan for the future. This workshop covers the key issues of
- Developing your vision
- Dealing with increased workload and pressure
- Developing roles within the organisation
- Recruiting and managing volunteers effectively
Workshops and training on all aspects of governance and trustee–ship including
- How to be an effective trustee
- Recruiting new trustees
- Navigating the minefield- charity law and policies
- Involving young people and minorities
Coaching your Board
Could your board be more effective? Have members become divided or discouraged or lost the bigger picture? Do they simply need fresh vision for the future?
Phil Miller has over 30 years of direct experience on large and small boards and is currently a non-executive director and Chair of Audit and Risk Committee at MCCH . He understands the particular pressures and difficulties of voluntary boards, where members are seeking to balance the needs of the organization with other responsibilities.
- Find fresh vision
- Get the best out of meetings
- Improve communication between board members and the organisation
- Make monitoring and evaluation more meaningful
- Implement new policies and practices
- Work together more effectively
To talk about coaching for your board or to ask him to attend a board meeting as an observer please phone Phil on 07902929874 or email email@example.com